In a perfect world, a concrete driveway should last many years. Sadly, we don’t live in a perfect world and various problems can surface in a relatively short space of time. And it will be difficult to think about anything else until a solution has been found. An asphalt driveway installation is often the best option by far.
It can be difficult to know when replacing the concrete driveway with an asphalt solution will be better than repairing it, especially if you’ve only lived in the property for a short time. The following advice should clear things up.
Why Replace Your Driveway?
The driveway is one of the assets that you won’t even think about until problems surface. When they do, you will agree that quick answers are needed. Some of the most common symptoms that you may encounter include;
- Potholes, either singular or multiple.
- Alligator and spiderweb cracks.
- Crumbling on the edges.
- Faded colors of the concrete.
- Problems with drainage.
It is sometimes possible to repair the driveway rather than replace it. However, once problems start with the concrete materials, secondary issues are likely to follow even if the parking lot isn’t old. This could occur due to a host of reasons, including an inferior installation.
So, while the natural train of thought is to assume that repairing the concrete would be better, you will often find that a new asphalt driveway North Michigan service will provide the best solution.
Why Choose An Asphalt Driveway In Northern Michigan
While some concrete driveways have last for over 20 years, in comparison to the 15-20 years that asphalt driveways offer, the fact that you’ve experienced problems suggests that concrete isn’t the best material for your home. It is a common issue and just one of many reasons why asphalt has become the #1 choice in North Michigan.
Some of the additional benefits include, but are not limited to;
- The costs of asphalt driveway installations are $3-$4 per square foot, compared to between $5 and $15 for concrete depending on color and other features.
- Asphalt is a more flexible and forgiving material, which makes it less prone to cracking than concrete counterparts.
- Asphalt driveway installations are completed quickly while the finished driveway can be used instantly whereas concrete requires a 1-2 week waiting period.
- The harsh winter weather is less likely to cause problems for this type of driveway, which subsequently protects the function and appearance.
- If problems do surface in a few years, repair jobs are far easier to complete with resurfacing and sealing standing out as two common solutions.
If nothing else, choosing a new asphalt driveway installation will give you the peace of mind that comes from selecting the best material on the market and the knowledge that you will be destined for years of stress-free living.
When your concrete driveway needs replacing, Global Outdoor Services can restore your home’s curb appeal with a fast, convenient, and affordable asphalt installation. Call today on 231.715.7899 to find out more.