The definition of sealcoating according to the dictionary is “the application of a sealing coat to a paved surface in order to prolong its integrity”. This process of asphalt Sealcoating can prolong the life of your asphalt by providing protection from harmful UV rays and damaging chemicals. When sealed properly it will protect your asphalt from oxidation and deterioration that causes the asphalt to become brittle and form cracks and potholes. Sealcoating protects your investment by improving the life of your commercial or residential property.
- Initially, your driveway or parking lot will receive a thorough cleaning.
- Cracks will be sealed to keep out water and prevent further damage.
- The sealcoating will seal the porous surface of the asphalt.
- Once dried (average of 24 hours), it forms a tough, protective layer that protects your pavement from the elements and keeps the surface looking new.
Asphalt is the best surface option for roads, parking lots, and walkways and it is recommended to be sealed every 2 years. It is the most popular option due to its superior durability, low cost installation, and low maintenance. Asphalt paving is not only economically friendly but eco-friendly as well as it is the most recycled product in America. We use only the most innovative, high quality materials to get the job done right the first time like SafeSeal. Global Asphalt Solutions is an asphalt sealcoating contractor specializing in asphalt installation, maintenance, and repair of asphalt. Parking lots and commercial properties can also include all of the necessary requirements, such as:
- Parking Lot Striping
- Asphalt Patching and Repair
- Asphalt Edging
- ADA Compliance
Call Global Asphalt to see how we can help you plan out your next Asphalt Sealcoating project in the Traverse City Area.