Asphalt Crack Repair
Global Asphalt Solutions can take care of all your needs for Asphalt crack repair for the Traverse City Area. Considered the single most effective asphalt paving maintenance procedure, Asphalt crack repair are the best option when it comes to protecting and extending the life of your pavement. It is critical to seal asphalt crack as soon as possible after they develop to ensure a safe and sound parking lot. The good news is that asphalt crack repair is inexpensive and can be performed any time of the year. It is also a fraction of the cost of replacing your asphalt driveway or parking lot. Here are some of the reasons that cracks can develop.
- Oxidation from the sun’s UV rays can cause the asphalt to become dry and brittle. This can lead to hairline cracks that enlarge over time.
- Changes in temperature can cause asphalt to gradually break apart. The changes in temperature can cause the natural asphalt to expand and contract.
- Deterioration can occur under the surface. Moving ground, ice formation, and a number of other factors can cause the asphalt to crack and break apart.
Cracks can easily turn into Potholes. Potholes are open holes where the asphalt has not only cracked but broken away and separated from a section of the asphalt, creating a void and exposed base rock. There are several potential causes for the formation of potholes. The following can all be root causes or combination causes for their formation:
- Asphalt is too thin
- Asphalt is too old
- Poor Drainage (Standing Water)
- Cracks that have not been sealed
- Weather Conditions (Freezing water that causes expansion)
Global Asphalt Solutions and their sealcoating technicians can stop the deterioration caused by cracking. We use a variety of methods to contain and stop any damage that has affected your pavement. We utilize a hot rubber crack filler that remains flexible and keeps cracks sealed as the pavement expands due to changing seasons or other factors. It is important to make sure that high quality methods and materials are used in crack repair to make sure you protect your asphalt, and we use only the best. Asphalt repair is something that you should not wait on. It can spread quickly and cause costly repairs if not acted upon. When it comes to cracks in your asphalt, no matter how big or small, you don’t want to wait. Call Global Asphalt Solutions, and we can help you prolong the life of your asphalt.